Friday, December 18, 2009

not sure of this!!!

My artist friend, Ida from Dutch Valley, has been trying to get me to do this for several months.  With her help, I have created this blog, and  I'm now ready to share my art with whomever.  I have enjoyed doing art since very early childhood.  My favorite subjects are the Nevada landscapes and it's people.  I paint each week with the Portrait Society of Reno and try to do at least one plein air painting each week.   Here are some of my recent works. 


Brunswick Gold is along Carson River East of Carson City, studio painting from a plein air. 12X24, oil on canvas.
Hobo Hotsprings (above) is south of Carson City and was painted later on the same day, and in the same area, as Misty Autumn Morning (right) both are plein air, oil on linen panel, 11X14.
  

Mikel's Horses, oil on canvas, 12 X 24, is a commissioned piece of mustanges near Virginia City.

5 comments:

  1. Your paintings are inspireing and beautifully done. Love the color and feeling you have been able to achive in your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These paintings are VERY good! They are so good, I am surprised to see that you are shy about them. They look good enough to be studio paintings. If you have not done so already, run down to the nearest gallery and start making some cash! I WISH I painted as well as you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you join WetCanvas.com. It's free and there is a great fellowship of supportive and positive artists there. They have lots of forums, including a business forum. I look forward to seeing more of your work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogosphere where the world is your audience. Very exciting.
    I love your work.

    ReplyDelete