Thursday, May 6, 2010

catching up


I am finally getting back to a normal routine. 

The above image is my painting of Pan, a member of the Spokane Tribe of Washington.  Pan now resides in Reno and modeled for the Reno Portrait Society yesterday.  Pan was a great model but I found it difficult not to get caught up in the many accouterments of his garments and focus on the facial features.  I don't normally finish the portraits from the weekly sessions but I couldn't resist completing this one.  I took some photos for that purpose.  This painting is on a sheet of canvas 20 X 16 and, if I'm satisfied when it is complete, I will probably mount it to a panel.

Last week was spent at the first annual Genoa Cowboy Poetry and Music gathering.  The event organizers included a juried art show and they provided space for artists to display their work.  I feel fortunate to have been selected as one of the artists invited. As with most first time shows, there were wrinkles, but the show was a success.  I received notification yesterday that 2 of the 4 mustang paintings I submitted to the Wildhorse Show in Wyoming were selected for inclusion in the show by the jury and I'm now looking forward to a short family trip.

1 comment:

  1. So, Your'e going to Rock Springs?? Great! Hope its a really big show, and that it opens yet more doors for you!! Good postings, too

    ReplyDelete