Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Two good days


I was able to spend an afternoon in the foothills of the Sierra last Thursday, which is always refreshing.  Being able to paint in such a place makes me remember just how blessed I am to live here.  This painting was about 90% complete in an hour and a half, when we lost our light (poor planning on my part).  I finished it at home.  This is an oil on an 8X10 linen panel.



This morning I again enjoyed a great painting day at the Portrait Society of Reno.  Our model this morning was Gene, a local professional photographer and jazz musician.  Gene posed for three hours with one of his horns.  One of the other artists commented on the difficulty of painting the hands.  I suggested that if one painted slower, one wouldn't have to attempt the hands...this is oil on a 16 X 20 sheet of linen.  


1 comment:

  1. Dial Brother Printer Contact Number USA & fix your printer issues like Setup, Installation, network connectivity, wifi, Drivers for mac, window etc. call Brother Printer repair Services number USA
    Visit : Brother Printer Contact Number

    ReplyDelete